Moms Getting Kids to Read
Jill
2004-07-16 12:20:47 UTC
If anyone is interested, I have started a brand new Yahoo group
(www.yahoo.com , Groups, search..) dedicated for moms and caretakers of
children, to discuss topics related to books and getting kids to love
reading.

Also, just a place to discuss all kinds of children's reading material for
kids of all ages- magazines, the latest and most current books, classics,
Newbury medal winners, fantasy, nonfiction, etc etc etc- a place to discuss
books your kids love, your own favorite books from childhood, ways to make
reading fun, book recommendations etc. It is a reading group/mom group all
in one. Off topics welcome but I really would love for it to be a good place
for dicussing kids and reading.

The name of the group and also its group mailing list yahoo address is
gettingkidstoread and the title is Moms Getting Kids to Read- if anyone is
interested, do a search for it. I am trying to get it started- I love kids'
books!

Just FYI....I don't know how else to get members, lol. I think Yahoo deletes
the group after a certain time if there are not a certain number of
members/activity, at least 2-3, lol...also, anyone who joins doesn't have to
receive emails from the group, you can join and just set it to send you no
email whatsoever and only read it if and when you want to via a message
board format.

Jill
Tara
2004-07-16 13:28:18 UTC
Post by Jill
If anyone is interested, I have started a brand new Yahoo group
(www.yahoo.com , Groups, search..) dedicated for moms and caretakers of
children, to discuss topics related to books and getting kids to love
reading.
That's a great idea for a group. Nothing makes me happier than
students who love to read.

Tara
Karen
2004-07-16 16:34:59 UTC
Jill- I just searched for it so I could join you there, but it didn't
find any matches. Are you actually set up yet?

-Karen, Mom to Henry 4 and William almost 3 months already!-
Jill
Donna Metler
2004-07-16 15:03:02 UTC
Post by Jill
[...]
I'd suggest posting the info on rec.arts.books.childrens and also on
teachers.net (website chatboard)
While a lot of people on both those boards are teachers, most of them are
parents too, and have a very vested interest in literacy!

I'll have to see if I can get my yahoo groups to work again.
m***@gmail.com
2012-06-07 11:15:27 UTC
Post by Jill
[...]
Are you looking for free but good and beautifully illustrated online e-books? Smart Kidz Club has wide variety of free e-books for kids. These free kids free books will help in learning new things in fun way so that your kids develop interest and love in reading books. All free ebooks at Smart Kidz Club are read along e-books which reads all books in charming voice.
Whenever you are driving or busy in doing household work and your children need something to keep them occupied, Smart Kidz Club ebooks for kids are the perfect solution. Now there are no more lost books, torn pages or library fines to worry about as all Smart Kidz Club books are fully compatible with your smart phones including Android, iPhone, iPads etc.
In every home most of the children and teens seem to live with one hand glued to a laptop or similar electronic device. Smart Kidz Club provides you the golden chance to help them use these little electronic marvels to explore a world of e-books that they may not discover otherwise.
You will swiftly realize an endless variety of both new and classic stories just waiting to capture the imagination of kids of every age.

For more information please visit our website www.smartkidzclub.com
To get regular update join the Smart Kidz Club on http://www.facebook.com/smartkidzclub